Dec 12, 2018 8:57 PM
Demon Edie and Demon Cam in Milliways
+ Show First Post
Total: 9008
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

Shuttles aren't bumpy at all.

Permalink

Then I'm fine traveling. It'll probably do Tyelcormo'n me good to get a change of scenery.

Permalink

Sounds good. And Imliss?

 

Permalink

Probably yes, but I'll ask.

Pause.

Yes.

Permalink

He asks the Empress when would be convenient.

Permalink

The Empress's schedule sort of had a stroke and died when he showed up and started being magically philanthropic with them, she can make time pretty much whenever as long as she's given at least a day's notice.

Permalink

He tells Imliss and Idaia.

Permalink

Do you have an opinion on when to go? Idaia asks her husband.

Permalink

No. Should I?

Permalink

Nah, it's just I don't really either. Can you ask Imliss, she's out of earshot and I don't really wanna go looking for her right now.

Permalink

Imliss, want to meet the Empress, if so when -

Permalink

I'd probably have been really impressed and excited that that was even an option once upon a time. Um, not until there's someone else to hold the door, of course, but I don't see a lot of reason to put it off.

Permalink

He tells Circle this.

Permalink

He picks a time with the Empress and finds someone to hold the door and escorts them.

Permalink

He holds Idaia.

Permalink

And Idaia will snuggle her husband and read one of her old books and listen to the fetal heart monitor and occasionally run a hand down the gentle swell of her belly all the way there.

Permalink

He introduces them and leaves.

Permalink

 

"Hi, I should probably be more impressed that you're the Empress but then I was horribly traumatized and then married a prince and was traumatized some more," Idaia observes awkardly.

Permalink

"That's understandable," the empress agreed.

Permalink

"So I have been slightly filled in on things; do we need to do anything in particular to reassure botanists that we weren't kidnapped, or...?"

Permalink

"You don't need to do anything in particular, although if you wanted to loiter visibly for a little while that might prove helpful."

Permalink

"Okay. Thanks for giving a damn about our parents, even if only for practical reasons."

Permalink

This startles a brief laugh out of her. "Well. You're welcome."

Permalink

"Was that the only reason you wanted to talk to us, or...?"

Permalink

"I'm curious about you," she says. "You are or were my subjects, and the system which I administer failed you. And you're not unique in that respect, to my deep regret, but you are unique in many others."

Total: 9008
Posts Per Page: