This post has the following content warnings:
Apr 06, 2020 6:53 AM
Rescue and Nova in Worm
+ Show First Post
Total: 154
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

"-Oh."

That's a lot to take in, a lot to try and process. He looks back up to the sky.

Permalink

She leaves him be, while it seems like he's still thinking.

Permalink

He's not sure he's really figured out what to do with the information, but he at least thinks he understands the general concept, and staring at the sky is definitely less... stressful.

Permalink

Well, she'll leave him to it, then.

Permalink

After a while, he starts to nod off on top of the pipe.

Permalink

She clicks her tongue to get his attention as she approaches, and offers a hand down.

Permalink

He blinks at the hand for a moment, and then accepts it.

Permalink

The pipe isn't wide enough for her to lead him without crowding him, so she settles for following, ready to catch him if he stumbles. She pulls out the phone again when they get to the bed: "Good night."

Permalink

He's pretty good at not stumbling, even when he's in new surroundings. "G'night," he mumbles sleepily.

Permalink

She heads back out, and returns a few hours later, shortly before sunrise. She's quiet, but it's hard to avoid at least a little bit of splashing.

Permalink

He wakes at that - he normally sleeps light.

Permalink

"It's just me. Time for bed."

Permalink

"Oh- Ah- Sleep well?"

Permalink

She nods, humming a sleepy acknowledgement, and climbs onto the mattress, still careful not to touch him.

Permalink

That probably won't be that hard, he's curled in a very small ball.

Permalink

She sleeps.

Permalink

-He's not sure what to do. He feels like he should be doing something. But he also doesn't want to disturb her.

So he stays very still and quiet, and will probably doze some more throughout the time she's sleeping.

Permalink

She stirs a few times in her sleep, tensing up, but doesn't come fully awake until nearly noon, not that there's any way to tell what time it is where they are. When she does, she stretches and sits up, checks her phone, clucks disapprovingly at it, and rifles around in the box to retrieve a power pack and charging cord. That taken care of, she asks, "Have you eaten?"

Permalink

"Uh- um, no?"

Permalink

She nods and rifles around in the box again and comes up with a box of chocolate chip mini muffins, which she examines the writing on. "You can have one of these, or something else. There's chips and nuts and meat and candy and fruit."

Permalink

"I- uh- whatever's easiest?"

Permalink

Muffins it is, then; she hands him a packet and opens one for herself.

Permalink

He's still hesitant to take it, but he does, waiting until she opens her own before opening his.

Permalink

When she notices his hesitation, she makes an odd face and retreats up the pipe with her packet, leaving the phone behind.

Permalink

-He doesn't know what to do with that, but he does eat, quickly.

Total: 154
Posts Per Page: