This post has the following content warnings:
Dec 04, 2020 6:37 AM
+ Show First Post
Total: 87
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

"I came here when the demons got my hometown, because I heard the lake was safer than most places," she says. "Turned out to be right, at least if you stay north of the demons. And I know how to grow things, so I set up here and started doing that. I wouldn't mind you for a neighbour if you wanted to do the same."

Permalink

"Huh. So none of the land around here... belongs to anyone? It's alright if I just find a spot and make it home?"

Permalink

"Some spots are dangerous, and anyone with a house might have opinions about you building one next to it, but the whole wasteland is empty and nobody claims any land by the lakeshore except me, the demons, and that girl Palla with the fishing hut." She frowns thoughtfully. "Mind you, I wouldn't swear to that, there used to be at least one village around here and someone might still be living in the ruins, but if they are they're quiet about it. Anything north of the demon factory, south of the forest, and not in sight of anyone's home should be fine."

Permalink

"That's good to hear, thank you. How much of the day would you need me helping with the harvest to make good on that offer of your barn? I'd love to help out, but I think I'd also like to spend some time scouting for a promising place to set up in."

Permalink

"Half days will do fine." She smiles.

Permalink

"In that case... I'll head out scouting now, aim to be back here around sundown, and plan to get up bright and early to help out again tomorrow?"

Permalink

"Suits me!" she says cheerfully. "Good luck!"

Permalink

"Thanks!"

Elya sets out in her new clothes with a belly full of stew and lemonade and a feeling like maybe things can be alright. She tries to remember all the advice Lily has given her about where is safe and where isn't. A spot along the lakeshore would be nice, and a good source for water, but would also make her a bit easier to find than she might like. She decides to investigate the forest, and heads off in that direction.

Permalink

The forest is pleasant and pretty and over there is a satyr having sex with a flower in a grove of suspiciously suggestive plants.

Permalink

That sure is a sight to see! Elya will leave the satyr to his fun and make a mental note to not set up camp near any suspiciously suggestive plants.

Permalink

 

 

There's a loud rustle from some distance behind her, and a sound as of something scraping between two trees that isn't quite small enough to fit but is using enough force to make it through regardless.

Permalink

She glances in the direction of the sound.

This Thread Is On Hiatus
Total: 87
Posts Per Page: