Dec 08, 2019 2:13 PM
a fateful meeting; Yvette and Ellie
Next Post »
+ Show First Post
Total: 781
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

Through it she goes, speeding herself up with the Force. They'll likely catch her scent when they come back, that'll be fun, but she thinks she can redirect them to another part of the tomb again. If not, well. She can probably outrun them. Or shove fear at them, that could also work, but it seems a bit mean for her tastes.

Is there anything between her and the carvings?

Permalink

There is not! And the relevant section seems to be just a bit smaller than her tablet, and deep enough that she should be able to take a pressing of it.

Permalink

Excellent. Excellent.

She presses her tablet into the carving, checks to make sure all relevant parts of the carving are present in the pressing with a quick use of her lamp, deems it accurate enough for her purposes, and she puts it back in her thermal blanket carrying sling.

How are the tuk'ata doing? Following her scent, perhaps?

Permalink

There seem to... she thinks two, nosing their way up her trail.

Permalink

Well! Tuk'ata, the trail went that way, into that chamber over there!

Permalink

That gets rid of one. The other is not so easily dissuaded.

Permalink

Nariveth growls a little. She will not be defeated by some mangy mutts.

Your prey is in that room, follow your pack mate, you will eat well tonight.

Permalink

There he goes!

That door looks heavy. Probably more than enough to trap them, if she can move it.

Permalink

She hesitates, briefly, because 'starving to death trapped in a room' is really not a great way to go, even if they're just animals -

But then, neither is 'eaten by a pack of tuk'ata.'

She rushes to the door to close it on them.

Permalink

Oof, that is heavy. What's this thing made of, stone? (Yes.)

The dogs turn to look at her.

Permalink

...

Enhanced strength! Enhanced strength! ENHANCE THE DAMN STRENGTH CLOSE IT CLOSE IT CLOSE IT!

Permalink

The door crashes home.


That maaay not have been the best idea. She senses the other three tuk'ata approaching, alerted by the noise.

Permalink

Well, two down, at least.

She takes a deep breath, recalls the bit in the Sith Code book about strong emotions enhancing Force abilities, and promptly channels all of her panic at the possibility of being eaten alive and anger at how completely unfair this is and fear of possibly being eaten alive and pushes fear.

She is the scariest damn thing in this tomb and the tuk'ata had damn well better run!

Permalink

Unfortunately for her, the tuk'ata fear response involves a panicked attack. So now the dogs are running at her. There may be some slavering going on in the jaw region.

Permalink

... Well, fuck.

Out comes the sword. She removes her wax tablet sling, putting it down and stepping away, because she thinks she can't get out of this fight, now.

What else can she do, she's feeling lots of emotion right now, surely she can channel it into something -

Speed.

How closely are they packed together?

Permalink

Pretty closely, the hallway is not terribly wide and they're broad across the shoulder. They're approaching leap range right about...

 

now. The first jumps at her, jaws stretched wide for the bite.

Permalink

Nariveth stabs it mid-leap, trying to move out of the way of the path of its leap. She has the reflexes for it, surely?

Permalink

Almost but not quite. Her stab is on target, but the dog clips her on its way down, knocking her off balance. The other two are coming in rapidly.

Permalink

Great, great, wonderful, what else can she do, she can sense things and shove at emotions and enhance herself and she can back the fuck up, that's a fantastic idea, give her more time to think -

...

TUK'ATA, YOUR PACKMATE IS THE ENEMY!

Permalink

The one on the left turns and sinks its teeth deep into the other one's flank. It howls in pain, and fights back.


Good news, she's no longer in imminent danger. Bad news, there's not enough room to get around that dogfight.

Permalink

She'll just wait for it to end, that's fine by her. She can pick off the survivor, easy.

Permalink

After a furious two minutes, the fight is over. The survivor limps to the side, bleeding heavily, and collapses.

Permalink

Nariveth feels a pang of guilt, because this has all been horrible and she's very sorry for causing this much of a mess, but she steps to the survivor, holds her blade above its head, and stabs neatly into its skull. Might as well make this quick. Be merciful.

And then she retrieves her tablet and its sling, and stalks out of the tomb. Any more tuk'ata? Or, for that matter, have the other acolytes shown up?

Permalink

She passes the Gran going the other way through the nest chamber. He gives her a wide berth.

The Twi'lek and the human girl are near the entrance when she gets there. They eye her mistrustfully, but don't move to attack.

Permalink

She's pretty fine with the Gran giving her a wide berth.

She pauses at the Twi'lek and human girl, and then says, "... Watch out for the rest of the pack, that looked to be about half of them. The others might show up while you're in there."

Total: 781
Posts Per Page: