Apr 06, 2020 7:59 AM
Peaceful gods make peaceful places
+ Show First Post
Total: 256
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

"Yeah. And if he comes out this way he'll set up things to make it easier for them to leave, too - it's hard with kids your age, we don't have the resources to help too many, but we can set things up so if someone leaves at thirteen or fourteen they'll generally be okay."

Permalink

"...okay."

Permalink

"I know it's not really enough."

Permalink

"It's something."

Permalink

"Mmhmm. And he takes suggestions, if we come up with an idea for something better."

Permalink

"...really?"

Permalink

"Yeah, definitely. He's always looking for ways to make it easier for people to get out and see the world, we'd be doing him a favor."

Permalink

"Um. Okay." Pause. "He sounds really nice."

Permalink

"Yeah. I mean, if I didn't like him I wouldn't be his priest, but I've met lots of gods, and I think his kind of curiosity is good for them."

Permalink

"Will I meet him?"

Permalink

"We're a little far out of the way to run into an avatar anytime soon, but he'll probably be able to spare the attention if you want to talk sometime."

Permalink

"Okay." Om nom.

Permalink

He gets back to updating his journal, and then settles on the floor with a bundle of clothes for a pillow. "You'll probably have trouble sleeping, but you should if you can, we'll have a long day tomorrow."

Permalink

"Okay."

Permalink

And, sleep.

He's up at dawn the next day.

Permalink

She wakes up when he does.

Permalink

He putters around quietly, apparently not having noticed - glass of water, change of socks, make sure the food containers from last night are in the bin...

Permalink

She sits up.

Permalink

"'morning."

Permalink

"Hi."

So it wasn't a dream. Huh.

Permalink

Nope, it wasn't. "Shower's up the hall if you want one; I don't mind either way, but we might not see one again for a while."

Permalink

She nods and heads that way.

Permalink

The facilities are on the plain side, for Aarethil's domain. When she gets back, Ruel has changed clothes and is eating last night's leftovers for breakfast.

"I'm thinking we'll grab a pastry or something for you and maybe stop someplace for a change of clothes, if we see a likely-looking shop on our way out. Is there anything else you want to do before we leave?"

Permalink

Headshake. "...what if my father sees us?"

Permalink

"Worst case, we ask Aarethil to intervene. But I bet we can avoid that - Kiraavi, are you busy?"

Total: 256
Posts Per Page: