This post has the following content warnings:
Jan 22, 2020 11:21 AM
Lurker in Beacon Hills
Permalink

A mostly quiet building. 

There are dogs waiting for their owners, current or future or former, and an examination room, and a wooden counter between the office proper and the waiting room. 

It's quiet, now quite a while since sunset. 

The only employee is doing inventory. 

Total: 924
Posts Per Page:
Permalink

And then, suddenly, silently, he's not alone: A small furry... person? creature? certainly doesn't look like anything else in this world... appears among the cages, looks around, sits heavily on the floor, lies down, and doesn't move further.

Permalink

He doesn't seem to be approaching the dog cages right now. 

Permalink

That's fine. This is fine. She'll just lay here, thanks.

Permalink

One of the dogs barks at her, and then another joins in. 

Permalink

She winces when the noise starts, but doesn't move. That sure is some barking that's happening right now.

Permalink

It sure is. 

The door opens, and she can hear footsteps.

"Hey guys, what's wrong? Oh, don't be like that, I'm sure I smell awful, werewolves, what are you going to do." 

He reaches into one of the cages and pets one of the barking dogs. He strokes his fur, and it stops barking. 

Permalink

Kobold: continues laying on the floor. Closes her eyes, takes slow deep breaths. Maybe she's sleeping?

Permalink

Scott still hasn't seen her.

Now that he steps away from the cage, though...

That's definitely a small furry thing. 

He steps towards it, but not too close. 

"Hello?" 

Permalink

She doesn't move.

Permalink

He crouches down next to her. 

"You don't look like a dog. Are you lost?" 

He keeps his voice measured, aiming for gentle and soothing. 

Permalink

Her ears twitch back, just slightly, and she tenses up a bit, but she doesn't otherwise respond.

Permalink

"Are you in pain? Maybe I can help..." 

Calming, calm, you're not scared, it's small and probably can't kill you-

He reaches out a hand to touch her. 

Permalink

She shudders at the touch.

Permalink

His touch feels like nothing much. 

He takes his hand back, frowning. 

"Not in pain, not sick...did Dr. Deaton bring you in here, or did you sneak in? I've never seen anything like you before." 

Permalink

No response, though she relaxes a bit when he takes his hand away.

Permalink

He heads to the back of the room, and comes back with a bowl of dog treats.

"Does this look even a little bit tasty?" 

Permalink

She doesn't open her eyes.

Permalink

Well, it's not attacking him.

Will it bother the dogs?

He leaves the room, quietly closing the door behind him. 

Permalink

She continues with her plan of not moving.

Permalink

Well, she has some time alone. 

After ten minutes, he knocks.

Permalink

No answer.

Permalink

Well. He goes in.

He has water, also in a bowl.

He places it in front of her, and heads back out. 

Permalink

She does, after a little while, open her eyes again.

Doesn't move to even look at the bowls, though.

Permalink

That's mostly her business.

After another twenty minutes, she hears a conversation outside.

Permalink

Deciding what to do with her, she's sure.

She closes her eyes again.

Total: 924
Posts Per Page: